Friday, May 16, 2008

Home Safe

We are back in Virginia safe and sound and Grace is now a U.S. citizen! It was a very long trip - something like 28 hours of travel - but God blessed us with an amazingly well behaved little girl. Grace cried briefly on each of the first two flights because she was not really excited about the seat belts. But other than that she just slept and played quietly with two or three toys. Incredible!

She has met her brothers and sister as well as my parents. Christy's mom will be here tomorrow. Grace is still just beginning to warm up to everyone but I don't think it will take long. She did play some with her siblings and was actually quite upset when I told her she had to leave their room because they need to get to sleep. (1am is a little past their bed time.)

Well... I can feel the floor swaying like and airplane, so I think it is time for bed. We will post more details later.

- Mike

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a safe and peaceful trip home and that Grace is playing with her brothers and sister well. :-)

BeckyH said...

Welcome home everyone!!! We can't wait to meet the newest Hollar!!

Becky and the Hroniks

mom said...

Glad to see everyone home safe and sound. 1AM... it will take awhole for everyone to be on the same time schedule. I am glad everyone is home safe and sound. Thanks for letting me follow your journey. Next journey I follow will be our own in Huiyang/GZ. Hugs, Missy and family

Difference2This1 said...

Yeah!!! So glad you are home safe and sound and though I'm sure you are very tired, all sounds pretty good!!!! Jennifer in DE

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! It is wonderful to hear that you made it safely and that everyone is adjusting well so far.