Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Ben!

The Hollar Kids
Okay, well taking a photo of four kids can almost never be perfect. At least I got them all to smile! Today is Ben's 9th birthday! I can't believe I have a nine year old. It seems like it was just yesterday when he was an infant crawling on the ground, cracking up at our lively little puppy Aspen.

Today was an eventful day all the way around. Tommy started "camp" at his preschool this week. It's Community week and he's learning all about th
e neighborhood. After dropping off Tommy, Gracelynn and I ventured on over to the dreaded lab. I was so afraid she'd remember the place and freak out. She was fine. She walked in, played with me in the waiting room, ran back to the lab room, plopped down in the seat and smiled. I don't think she remembered all the poking around 2 weeks ago... well, until they put that blue rubber thing around her arm. Then she tensed up and began to whine. Sure enough she cried a lot, but --oh thank goodness -- they found her vein today! So we don't have to repeat it again. ;-) YAY!!

I just wanted to thank everyone who was so kind these last two weeks to bring us dinners! They were a blessing beyond belief. Even when I began feeling well again, I was still so tired by dinner (four kids is a little tiring) that the dinners were extremely well received!!! We usually even had leftovers for lunch the next day. Wow... thanks so much everyone!

Well, with a birthday comes birthday boy's choice of dinner-out! So, we're heading on out to meet Daddy at Bertucci's! Yum!

And here's the last photo I shot... everyone is looking forward, but they collapsed. Oh... can't remember if I explained the two-fingers-up sign. It means "yes" in China and they do it often with photos.

No comments: