Friday, June 27, 2008

Twins?

Just a quick note. I had to write this. Last night we went (family of six) to the mall. Darned microwave died, and the dishwasher's on its last legs... so we made a trip of it by eating at the food court and bumming around the mall after we hit Sears. As I was heading into the glass elevator with Tommy and Gracelynn in our double stroller (and Ben alongside us), another lady pushed her daughter in a stroller in behind us. I turned around as the door was closing. She said, glancing at our stroller, "Oh, are they twins?"

I almost burst out laughing. I got that all the time with Ben and Reagan... both being fair-skinned, blonde and similar sizes. I just smiled, and pushed down the canopies (which were blocking the lady's view of the two kids) and said "oh, uh no". I think she felt silly... but then we laughed and I told her about the adoption.

I doubt I'll get asked that question often... but in fairness, she didn't even see the kids... just the double stroller. I'm still giggling though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!