Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A BIG Thank you!


The quilt is done!!! I want to thank EVERYONE who helped out. The ladies from Roanoke volunteered their time, and in some cases their fabric, to pull this whole quilt together. We had so many wonderful people donate a square to the quilt. It's so amazing to look at the quilt and see the stories behind each square. It's absolutely beautiful. I apologize for the photo above being sideways. No matter what I did, Blogspot wouldn't put it in the correct direction! The ladies trimmed the squares with a pink/white polka dot print and a dark pink swirl. The back is completely covered with pink/white daisies (if you blow up the second-to-last photo below, you can see the corner that was bent over to show the daisies). It matches her room beautifully. And... is just perfect for a little girl!


Here are a few more close-ups if you want to look for your contribution. Gracelynn has seen the quilt, but we haven't set it out yet. I'm trying to find a way to hang it on her wall. Let's just say I'm not quite sure that she wouldn't try to color with markers on it or something like that. So, until she's a little older, I plan to keep it up. This will make a fantastic family heirloom for her. I can't wait to help explain to her where every piece/every wish came from. Thanks so much to all who contributed to this beautiful quilt! I know now that there is NO WAY I could've done this on my own... even if I actually had free time. Can you see your square? (If it isn't in there, it probably didn't make the cut-off date and will be included someday in a future baby doll quilt.)







2 comments:

Kristin Wolfe said...

That quilt is absolutely amazing!! The ladies did a wonderful job with it. So glad we could be a part of it.

Pat said...

Gorgeous - a real gem - Grace will definitely appreciate it as she grows up. My hat's off to the dear ladies who made the quilt - fantastic job

Enjoy Gracelynn!

Love you, NANA