Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm getting nothing done around here.....

I have company arriving in a few hours, and I've done nearly nothing to prepare! But, no wonder... I have gotten even more exciting news!

Today, I received (via our agency) two emails from people who KNEW our girl!!! The one lady adopted a little girl last year from the same exact orphanage as our soon-to-be daughter. I also received an email from a lady who adopted her best friend, a boy, from the same orphanage! So far I haven't received any photos or additional emails from either lady, but you better believe I emailed them back ASAP! These women should also be great resources to go to about what to expect while we travel, what to bring, what to expect once we're home, etc., etc.

Oh... another neat God-thing. Our kids' elementary school offers afterschool fun classes from time to time, taught by parents. This spring, we got the listing of classes being offered. One is CHINESE!!! So, naturally, I signed up Ben for the class. I also wrote to the teacher and asked if we could get special permission for Reagan to attend (the class was intended for 3-5 graders). She agreed. YAY! It's obviously not an intensive class, but the kids will learn to speak and write basic words, and will learn about Chinese culture, too. How perfect!!! I wish I could sit in on the class (which I was given permission to do), but I'll have Tommy with me... and I just know he would never cooperate. Any babysitters out there?

No comments: