Saturday, January 26, 2008

DEADLINE on the quilt squares!

I'm so bummed. I spent awhile last night posting another entry... and apparently 1am posting means you may forget to publish or save. It's gone.

So... I'll cheat and post the same words that many will have received as an email.

If you've already sent a quilt square, then please disregard this message. We now have a deadline date for any squares that will be in the quilt!

We are absolutely in awe of the fact that our friend's mom has volunteered to completely create this quilt for us (with the help of some of her quilting friends). Mrs. Jane Leake called this evening and is so excited to do this for us. She is a God-send... considering there is no way I would have the time now before or after we go to pick up Gracelynn. She explained the design she had in mind and everything! However, she wants to get started on this ASAP! So next weekend, her daughter (my friend) Becky will be taking down the fabric squares that we already have. She would like all of the rest by the end of February at the latest. So, I ask that if you would like to contribute a fabric square (and coordinated good-wishes card), please get them to me by NO LATER than February 23. That will give me time to separate the fabric from the cards and send her the fabric in time. If you need me to wash the fabric, then please send it by the 16th. I do wash daily ... but I still want to make sure I have time to get it done. Plus I want time to scan each fabric before we mail them out.

If your square isn't on its way, but you still want to send something, please let me know. That way I'll know whose to look for in the mail (or in person). Oh, and by the way, if you are family... I don't mean to make you feel guilty, but... well, you better get your fabric in soon!!! :-)

I already found mine!

No comments: