Monday, January 21, 2008

The well wishes...

Wow! Thanks to everyone who has taken time to email and send well-wishes our way. Even people I forgot to email (should've just hit the whole address book!) have emailed to express their excitement for us, having heard from other people. Reagan's basketball coach gave us a quilt square today, and her son gave us a toddler pillow to boot!

Today the only change has been our agency requesting our scanned-in passport photos and some photos of the family. (Which of course, I'm never happy with, but they'll have to do!)

After basketball practice today, Reagan and I went out to do some shopping (to get me some clothes and Mike a birthday gift). Of course I had to hit the clearance racks. I intend to stock up on easy-breezy spring shortsleeve dresses for our visit to China. They should be fine for either size then.

Oh, I can't wait for consignment sale and garage sale season to hit! I just checked online. The sale I always participate in (2x a year) is on March 8. I'll be there! Gotta start researching the others in the area too.

Tomorrow I'll pick up a bag of clothes through Freecycle, so that'll be cool to go through too. Anyone have suggestions of where to get a nice double jogging stroller for CHEAP? I had planned to get a single one at Target for under $70, but that'll be useless come June.

Tommy is still showing his confusion. Poor kid. Today he said to me, "My baby sister here now?" I replied, "no... not for awhile... not till after your birthday." He then said, "My birthday?? It's coming up???" Sigh... poor thing just doesn't understand time.





2 comments:

rich said...

"... poor thing just doesn't understand time."

Well, at least he's using the potty on a regular basis now! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I have been at a loss as to what to do about clothes for our little one to come since we don't know if our little one will be a boy or a girl or how old (we requested birth - 5 years). Now I'm looking at your post about looking for deals in different sizes and then selling or giving away what isn't used. Hmmm... we'll see. I can just imagine Mike's face if/when I start coming home with all these clothes!