Tuesday, January 22, 2008

One Week Later

One week ago, we learned about Gracelynn. Time is already flying... hopefully our travel comes quickly. The kids have been telling their friends and teachers. Reagan's class is even considering making quilt squares for us! How cool!

I picked up the Freecycle bag of clothes. Wow! What a find. I now have several cute summer dresses for Gracelynn. It's so hard to guess what her size will be. I understand that we can only bring 44 lbs. worth of suitcase for her... (boy, I hope I can bring for her, in addition to our own!) After years of eBay sales, I know 44 lbs. isn't much when we're talking 14 days or more overseas.

I received word from our case worker that she received our photos and that she was going to post them to CCAA. I just can't wait to hear that we are pre-approved (6-8 weeks). Then I should feel very confident that things will proceed as we hope.

Oh... the things-to-do list gets longer each day. :-) I was happy to hear that my dad is also researching (via the web) travel in China. I think it will be so neat for him to experience this with us in China. Besides, an extra set of hands will be much appreciated!!! 14+ hours on a flight home with a scared, timid, walking, Chinese-speaking child sounds a little intimidating. :-) Not to mention we'll be tired and so ready to see our other three kids and family. OK... can you tell the flight home will be scary?

Well, I received very little sleep last night, so I'm going to bed early. (Told you I'd be blogging more now!!!)

No comments: