Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Care Package

It's been a bit crazy lately. Along with tomorrow's visit at the hospital, I've just had a million things swimming in my mind. One of which is gathering materials for a care package for Gracelynn now that we have our PA! I'm awaiting the USPS shipment of boxes (yes, I'm too lazy to go to the PO) and am now assembling the photo album. I have plenty of the kids... no problem. We want to send a nice photo of just Mike and I together. Can you believe I don't have one? Isn't that normal though? I take 95% of all photos in this household if not more, so finding a photo of me is tough enough. The only "recent" shots of Mike and I were just not good: a picture from his company Christmas party that was very red and dark, a picture of the two of us in Hawaii in 2005 in the dark on the cruise ship deck and thus isn't clear, and a photo of the two of us in a kayak in Hawaii (again, not the best photo... cute, but not a close-up). Any others include the kids or only one of us.

So, I had Mike's dad photograph us today. Is it okay? I never like any photos of myself and can find a million things wrong. Notice Mike was a good-sport to remove the sling and put on a longsleeve shirt to cover the splint. :-)

3 comments:

Kristin Wolfe said...

Absolutely adorable picture of the two of you! Gracelynn will be so excited to see what a cute couple her new Mommy and Daddy are. (However, the sling would've added a nice touch).

Anonymous said...

It is a very nice picture of the two of you! Michael and I had to do this too (for our home study) because we also had very few pictures of just the two of us.

JSturg said...

Great picture! I can't wait to hear about your next steps in the adoption process and to finally meet Gracelynn!!!:)