Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Everything is Falling Into Place

Thank you to those offering rides, but I think we've figured it out for now. We'll just drive the little car to the airport, and rely on Mike's dad to help us all get home. :-)

Remember that last piece of paper that we needed from the CIS, the current I-171H? Our agency assured us we had other papers to satisfy the requirement, but it still hung over our heads. Well, it arrived in yesterday's mail. Halleluia! We're all set now! We also received in the mail from CWA our daughter's referral files (medical papers, etc) in Chinese. We had only ever received the translated English version. I guess we need to take the Chinese version with us to China. What a surprise... another color photo of baby Gracelynn (couple months old!)

The last few months I've been suffering from plantar fasciitis (inflamed tissues across bottom of my foot). I've had it numerous times in the past thanks to my three pregnancies, but thought I'd self-treat it this time. To no avail. After many weeks of increasing pain, I finally went to the doctor and now to a physical therapist. Ugh. It's still hurting. I can walk, but I limp and go slow. I keep thinking... "Finally I'll get to the Great Wall, and will limp the whole way up!" I pity those in my party already. Please say a prayer for me. I go to the PT in an hour for another stretching/therapy session. Ugh. So far, no help. I have 10 days to cure this. My PT recommended alternating my favorite sandals with shoes that support my toes. I love my sandals (high arch support!), but finally caved and went out yesterday to buy some good shoes (Ecco performance X-treme Janes). They better work after what I paid even at the outlet mall. I now own apple green/tan shoes... never thought I'd choose that color! LOL I can wear my custom orthotics with these shoes, and I must admit, so far today has gone a little better. Still very sore, but better. Grace will know me as that woman who walks funny and wears a goofy huge splint at nights.

We received our itinerary for in China. Here it is:
May 3: Fly from Dulles to Beijing
May 4: Arrive in Beijing; collapse in hotel room (Wu Fu Jing Grand Hotel)
May 5: Sightsee... Great Wall of China and Forbidden City
May 6: Fly to Guangdong Provine, meet and pick up Gracelynn, stay at White Swan Hotel in Guangzhou (Gotcha Day)
May 7: Registration and Notarization (official adoption)
May 8: Applying for passport and shopping (woo hoo!!!)
May 9: Visit the Six Banyan Temple and the Walking Street
May 10: Sightseeing, visit the Temple of Family Chen
May 11: Free Time (visit orphanage???)
May 12: Getting passport
May 13: Physical test and photo taking (for visa)
May 14: Applying for the visa
May 15: Getting visa
Sightseeing: Liu Hua Lake Garden
May 16: Leave Guangzhou for Hong Kong, Flight from Hong Kong to LA to Dulles


My understanding is that we will hopefully have Internet access throughout most of our trip, since we are only in Beijing and Guangzhou. However, I may not be able to access Blogspot to see the pages (Chinese censorship?). I should, despite unusual problems, be able to still post things on Blogspot. Unfortunately I may not be able to read responses. Please still leave comments! Those of you lurking, please chime in from time to time. I have no idea who is really reading... I'd love to hear from you (even if I can't read responses until our return). I'd love to print out the blog at some point with comments so that we have a record for Gracelynn of our trip.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that everything is falling into place for you. I bet you were also excited to receive your itinerary. It sounds like you will have the whirl-wind tour of China. Enjoy! :-)