Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rides? Ugh

Things are moving along well. We do have a minor dilemma. We have no transportation to the airport! My mom will be in town, but she's taking two kids to soccer games that morning. Plus our 3 kids, her, and the 3 of us traveling would not fit in our minivan. Our original plan was to drop off the car at the airport parking, fitted with Gracelynn's seat, and we'd just drive ourselves to and from. However, the only available car to drop off for 2 weeks is a little Nissan Sentra. The four people would barely fit in it... let alone with 4 huge suitcases and 4 carry-ons! We could take my parents' car to the airport, but my mom needs it a week later to drive home to PA. So, we're stumped. I know upon our return we can hopefully get Mike's dad to come pick us all up, using our minivan... but I don't know about getting there. Anyone available to drive us on Saturday morning around 8 or so? Ugh. This just makes us more aware of how much we'll need another big car someday... especially for when the van is in the shop! We could squeeze 3 in the backseat of the Sentra when necessary... can't do it with 4 kids!

I suppose in a last-ditch move, we could call a cab. Can't imagine those rates though for a 40 minute drive. Anyone have any suggestions?

I recently joined our agency forum site. How awesome! I'm so bummed that I'm just now finding it. These people have a wealth of information in packing, in-China tips, etc. I guess I'll be doing a ton of reading soon.

Last week, I had the pleasure of meeting up with my friend's mom... the one who is doing our little girl's quilt. Can you say... "adorable!"? The quilt is so precious so far. The top sheet is finished. She just needs to complete a border edge, attach the backing and quilt it all. I was nearly in tears just looking at all the special fabrics: my favorite pajama bottoms, Mike's Redskin shorts, shirts from Reagan's friends, feedsack from the family farm, Grove City College material from my roommate, a lovingly cross-stitched panda bear, two appliqued figures from Mike's 95 year old great aunt, and so many more I can't possibly mention them all. Thanks again to everyone who participated. I'll be sure to post photos when it's complete. Thanks also to the wonderful ladies of Roanoke who spent hours upon hours working on this project. We are forever grateful.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you share some of the packing tips with me?

Pappap

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Of course I will give you a ride! I would be honored to and none of our sports start that early on that day.
We have plenty of space in the Suburban!
Let me know! :-)
Kristy

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Oh, let me know if you need a pick up when you arrive home as well!
You can return the favor when we travel! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Oh, let me know if you need a pick up when you arrive home as well!
You can return the favor when we travel! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy