Monday, April 7, 2008

The Latest

I'm so sorry to have taken so long to post again. I guess in my mind I'm still waiting, so I forget to let others know. Last week we were asked to not buy tickets yet... they were still working on dates. My agency case worker said to wait till Monday. Today, we were told we could "reserve" our tickets, but not purchase them yet. May 3/May 16. My understanding is that we are probably leaving the US on May 3 and leaving Guangzhou on May 16. They are trying to bump that up a day or two, but it's probably unlikely. But we're happy with that. The timing still works great with everyone's schedule. In fact, Mike and my dad could potentially still work an extra day too, since that means leaving on a Saturday.

So, we told the travel agency our plans, and what CWA said. They said that they'll arrange the flights once we get the final word. So... no "reservation" per se... but CWA says we'll know for sure by tomorrow morning. I'm also hoping to stay at the White Swan. That's the big "adoption family" hotel in Guangzhou. We'll find that out soon, too.

Today I spent much of the day talking with a China-adoptive mom from our church on the phone and emailing with the orphanage Yahoo group. I found all sorts of great advice of what to take (meds, simple toys, $$) and what not to take (too many clothes, a stroller, etc.) It's been a fun day. T-minus 26 days and counting? We'll see.....

No comments: