Saturday, March 22, 2008

Green Cards, Sore arms, and Quilt photos

We went on Thursday to get our fingerprints retaken.  We arrived at 8am.  USCIS doesn't mess around... not even a smile till after our paperwork was completed and we were in the waiting area to get called for fingerprints.  The one lady said, "Please take a seat" and pointed to the sitting area.  No one was sitting there (and we were about 25th in line).  Everyone was sitting in an area beyond the glass wall, so... Mike and I followed suit and went to the other side.  We sat waiting, and then we noticed that the number display (to tell you who was next) was on the other side.  Just as we were getting up to move, they showed Mike's number.  Someone took him, and then another lady quickly came over and got me.  Turns out we had been sitting in the Green Cards area.  Ha ha... they probably had quite a joke about the silly Americans.  

Friday morning was vaccination day.  Ugh.  We saw an Infectious Diseases doctor who talked to us about the risks and his suggestions.  We wound up with Hepatitis A and DTP vaccine shots.  We opted to get the Typhoid vaccine as well, as a precaution, but it was in pill form.  I'm 1/4 of the way finished with it.  I hadn't had a real shot in years.  The shots themselves weren't bad... though man, did I feel that Hep A fluid going in!  Today, though... ow, ow, ow.  I can't allow anything to bump my arm.  But at least the pain in the arm is distracting me from the millions of other pains I keep coming up with each day.  Mike is doing much better.  He even slept on that arm... I have no idea how he did that.  My dad had his shots a few days ago.  His arm is still sore, too.  

Today I received a few great photos of the quilt-in-process.  The ladies from Roanoke are working busily on Gracelynn's Bai Jai Bei (100 Good Wishes Quilt).  It's looking fabulous.  Less than half of the squares are shown, but it was so neat seeing them pieced together and laid out similar to the finished quilt.  I'm on the Mac right now, and to be honest, I haven't quite figured it out yet.  So, when I figure out how to transfer a photo to the blog, I will.  

Hopefully the next time I post, we'll have a Travel Approval.  :)


1 comment:

rich said...

I still can't believe you guys actually bought a mac.