Friday, March 28, 2008

Still No Travel Dates Set

We're all still awaiting the final dates. So, it's still tough trying to plan out our spring schedules. I went to our Brownie leader meeting this week and felt so bad in that I can't really commit to much the rest of this year, not knowing when I'll be in town and when I won't. I've never in my life been camping (and really have no desire to do so!), but our troop is planning a backyard camping trip in May. The girls will have a blast, I'm sure... but I'm not even sure I'll be there to learn about camping too! Thank goodness for the three assistant leaders who are jumping right in and taking over. Whew!

In the meantime, though, I'm keeping busy with "getting ready". We've now gotten a few prescription medicines for Gracelynn ("just in case") and most of our own. I've ordered a bunch of travel things online, too (neck pillows, travel blanket, China guide, Chinese phrase guide, etc.). We're slowly getting there.

Today as I was surfing the web for neat China-adoption facts, I found this beautiful nursery song "Mama Hao". It's sung by most moms/nannies/caretakers to Chinese children. I put a link to the song at the bottom of the main Blog page. Just scroll to the bottom and click the big arrow to play. Very relaxing. Maybe this will be a good thing to play when Grace's "I'm not understanding these non-Chinese people" frustration sets in?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you get some "just in case" prescription medicines for Gracelynn? Just wondering if this is something I should try to do. :-) Of course if the prescriptions are based on the referral you have for Gracelynn, then no luck for me (with no referral).

I really like the "Mama Hao" nursery song. It is very soothing.

Christy said...

I found some letters to doctors online of previous adoptive parents that explain how likely it is for children of orphanages to have upper respiratory illnesses and scabies. My pediatrician prescribed the medicine under my other daughter's name... though I've heard of doctors prescribing it under a parent's name too. We got Zithromax and Elimite cream. I need to do the same for Mike and I too. If she does have something like scabies, we all need to be treated. Blech.